Interoperability and Integration for Hospitals & Health Systems
For many years now, the healthcare industry is working jointly toward a patient-centric model of care delivery. Health systems are continuously merging and acquiring ambulatory practices to create integrated delivery systems that delivers low-cost, high quality patient-centered care.
One of the major challenges is withdrawing the old EHR and keeping legacy data accessible when moving to a new EHR to maintain continuity of care.
Moreover, healthcare organizations comprehend the need to aggregate various patient data from different source systems to assist the provider view a complete picture of patient health, recognize gaps in patient care and identify opportunities for intervention in a timely manner. However, the ability to access high quality healthcare data remains a problem; it has always been a huge challenge for the healthcare organizations to connect to the hundreds of dissimilar systems in the thousands of individual practices for the patient data they need.
For over a dozen years, ISM has made interoperability a top priority. We have been working with hospitals and health systems providing secure and effective “data plumbing” services and laboratory orders & results interfaces they need.
Solutions and Services
Our cost-effective comprehensive solutions and services include:
EHR Data Extraction & Conversion
ISM makes the extraction, evaluation and conversion of existing clinical data from one EHR system to another seamless, cost-effective and stress-free providing speed and accuracy regardless of the source system.
- Proven and Cost-Effective
- Specialized expertise with highly customized data extraction and conversion
- Data conversion tools for cross-reference mapping, testing and project management.
Our EHR-Archive is a cloud-based, vendor agnostic, searchable and read-only archive organized by patient chart which keeps records easily accessible in a structured, discrete format while practices can start with their new EHR system. No internal servers, network configuration or VPN tunnels required.
- Cloud-based, vendor agnostic secure low-cost solution
- Comply with Federal Regulations
- Maintain Continuity of Care
- Expedite the roll out the new EHR
- Structured patient records, searchable in seconds; set up, hosted, managed and monitored by ISM
- Anywhere, anytime access
Laboratory Orders & Results Interface
Our Single Hub Connection proivdes connectivity to hundreds of laboratories with a single connection to our infrastructure.
ISM has been working with laboratories for more than a decade and has established relationships and connectivity with many. Partnering with ISM allows Hospitals/Health systems to establish one channel with us and inherit connectivity to all these laboratories out-of-the-box.
- No cost to Hospitals/Health systems
- No internal development for new interfaces
- Elimination of backloads
- Minimal project management
- Speedy interface implementations
- Built-in connectivity to hundreds of labs
- Faster support
ISM interfaces come with the added advantage of our resources – we provide full interfacing service to meet your specifications while you focus on increasing your client-base.
- Management of all the interfaces from start to finish
- Dedicated project management team
- LIVE ongoing support throughout the process
- Access to full tracking system to view/manage our progress
Our exceptional interface team, excellent project management capabilities, hands-on customer service and comprehensive knowledge base allow us to build speedy and hassle-free orders and results interfaces in zero downtime.
Single Hub Connection eliminates the hassle of maintaining VPN connections by using secure web services to facilitate orders and results delivery.
Secure HIPAA compliant transfers for all order and results between the lab and practices.
Population Health Management
- Provides the required data from dissimilar source systems as needed to provide a complete view of the patient population.
- Predict risk in a timely manner, reduce avoidable costs and provide quality care.
- Clinical Benchmarks
- Analytics Platforms
- Quality Measures Reporting (ACO, MU, PQRS, PCMH/NCQA, HEDIS, etc.)
We can offer big data platforms with a single integration point for access to all clinical, claims, demographics and administrative data across the care continuum.
Either through triggered updates or extracting full patient records on a schedule, our tools can deliver data anywhere, anytime, securely and in any format.
Our tools allow integration with several data sources, providing access to entire groups of patients for analytics to track healthcare interventions and outcomes for populations.
Once the primary extraction is performed, the respective tools will connect periodically to the source system and extract delta changes that have occurred since the last connection.
- Out-of-the-box connectivity to major EHR and PM systems across different versions
- Connects to thousands of practices
- Periodic delivery of data